The annual WECA Youth Leadership Congress is a dynamic three-day event fro youth leaders across Wisconsin to develop their leadership skills while learning about the purpose, operation and scope of cooperative business.
Take the opportunity to...
- See what makes the cooperative business model different and successful, then apply this knowledge to fun and challenging cooperative activities.
- Identify and learn how to develop your own leadership skills.
- Discuss cooperative careers with industry professionals.
- Be entertained and challenged by highly acclaimed motivational speakers who understand teens and talk about topics that are relevant in your life.
- Guaranteed scholarship opportunity for those that attend
This is a by-teens, for-teens cooperative leadership conference that is planned and developed by a youth board elected at the previous years event.
- Attendees don't pay. They are sponsored by their local electric cooperative.
- Students spend three days on a college campus and experience a typical college environment, complete with living in the residence halls, attending sessions throughout campus, and even experiencing UW-River Falls' dining service. (Hint: Do NOT miss the ice cream.)
- Finally, attendees elected to the youth board will not only plan the next conference their way; they also have the opportunity to attend the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association National Youth Tour in Washington, D.C., the following June.