Become a Member
Everyone who receives electric service from Richland Electric Cooperative becomes a member.
The following items are required to be completed and submitted to REC.
- Membership and Electric Service Application
- W-9 form (one for each applicant)
- Deposit Payment - There is a meter deposit (minimum $100 and maximum of $500) to be paid on each account in the member's name. The deposit is refundable after one year if you have established a good payment record with the Cooperative or if you no longer receive service from REC. After we receive a signed membership application form and W-9, a credit check will be ran and you will be notified of the amount of your deposit.
These documents are included and optional:
- Pre-authorized Payment Authorization form is for your convenience if you choose to pay your monthly bill automatically.
- Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate (required if member claims exemption from Wisconsin state sales or use tax)
All of these forms are provided below. You can also view our Bylaws here
RICHLAND ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE